Caesars Entertainment Recognized As Most Community-Minded Consumer Discretionary Company 2018
LAS VEGAS, June 19, 2018 – Caesars Entertainment Corporation was recognized for the fourth year as one of the most community-minded companies, and for the third time as the leader in the consumer discretionary industry, by Civic 50, a Points of Light initiative. The Civic 50 provides a national standard for superior corporate citizenship and showcases how companies can use their time, skills and other resources to improve the communities in which they do business.
“Caesars Entertainment has been, and will continue to be, dedicated to making a long-lasting, positive societal impact on the communities in which we serve,” said Jan Jones Blackhurst, Executive Vice President of Public Policy and Corporate Responsibility. “Our impact is only made possible by the dedication and care of each and every one of our employee volunteers and the leadership of our Foundation. As they support others, we will continue to support them.”
PEOPLE PLANET PLAY is a strategic alignment of Caesars Entertainment’s corporate citizenship initiatives. Within these pillars Caesars recognizes and improves upon its support of the growth and equity of all team members.
- In 2017, Caesars announced a goal to achieve gender equity in leadership roles by 2025. This equity goal also involves Caesars commitment to including 50% minorities or women in manager level roles by 2030.
- Caesars is one of over 400 global organizations that has committed to business leadership and policy alignment on climate through the Science Based Target initiative (SBTi), and one of just over 100 companies to have their targets approved. Caesars Entertainment committed to:
- Reducing absolute Scope 1 and 2 emissions 30% by 2025, and 95% by 2050 from a 2011 base-year;
- have 60% of suppliers by spend institute science-based GHG reduction targets for their operations by 2023.
- Caesars Foundation donated its 61st meal delivery vehicle to Meals on Wheels America (MOWA). From 2003-2017, Caesars has donated 3.3 million to MOWA which has garnered more than 4 million meals for seniors around the country.
The Civic 50 is the only survey and ranking system that exclusively measures corporate involvement in communities.
Original article published on MediaRoom.com – Read Here.